ddclient is definitely not updating my dynamic IP address

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Tue Jul 6 21:44:22 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 06:50 -0700, Barry Yu wrote:

> This is the exactl address I copied from the address box in the Mozilla
> browser when I entered the Status page;
> http://192,168.1.1/Status.html, and the contents in this page are;
> Host name; (empty)
> Firmware version; xxxxxxx
> Login : PPPoE
>
> LAN:     IP address :  192.168.1.1
>                 Subnet     :   255.255.255.0
>                 DHCP server: Enabled.
>
> WAN:  IP address :  xx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>              DNS : xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>                         xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>
>                 DHCP Cients table

So all you have in your ddclient.conf file is 192.168.1.1/Status.html
(no http:// in front, also make sure you replace your command after 192
with a period)?  If so, not sure why it's not getting the WAN address
instead of the LAN.

I use just ethernet and have never used PPPoE, so not sure on if that
works any differently.  You might need to try emailing the author or try
a search on google to see if anyone else was/is getting same thing and
what the fix is.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's always better to hurt a little now, than to hurt a lot later!"