Screen won't shut off on Dell i8100 with FC2

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Wed Jul 7 05:29:15 UTC 2004

On Jul  6, 2004, Gregory Gulik <greg at gulik.org> wrote:

> I recently upgraded my Dell Inspirion 8100 laptop from Fedora Core 1
> to Fedora Core 2 and now the screen won't completely blank any more.

> I've been using the "nv" driver with the built-in GeForce 2 video card
> and I'm nearly positive it used to work.

Didn't turn the backlight off on my I8000 with GeForce2Go, unless I
hit Fn-D, which no longer works with ACPI enabled.  But there's
something else on FC2: even with ACPI disabled, there's something that
brings the screen back on after I hit Fn-D.  The only way I know to
actually switch the screen off completely is to close the lid.  Then,
even if I bring it back open, the screen remains off until I press
some key.