iptables and static routing..

Stefano Tabacchiera s.tabacchiera at gruppocsf.com
Fri Jul 9 08:11:49 UTC 2004

NabilM at kuveytturk.com.tr ha scritto:
> 1 - I have made three rules for the INPUT chain of the filter table
> using iptables command. But when I do iptables –L, it takes some time to
> list the first and second rule for the network. Can some one please tell
> why is that so? It even takes time to login to the system because of
> this. Does that mean that there is some thing wrong with the firewall
> rules I set? Note that if I turn the interface to the network down, the
> problem is solved.

The target rules doesn't have a PTR record in DNS and/or you have a DNS
problem. Try iptables -Ln to avoid dns lookups.

> 2 – When I do ifup eth1 or reboot that system, it brings up my interface
> but also sets unwanted/undesirable routing paths in the routing table. I
> have to manually delete them and then set the appropriate routing tables
> manually.

If you refers to route 169.254/16, simply add NOZERCONF=yes to
/etc/sysconfig/network. If not, please be verbose.

Stefano Tabacchiera
CSF Sistemi S.r.l.
Via del Ciavattino s.n.c.
03012 - Anagni (FR)  - Italy