Matlab 6.1 on Fedora core 2

liguorid at albany.edu liguorid at albany.edu
Fri Jul 9 18:09:31 UTC 2004

> Hello everyone,
>
>  Did anyone succeed to run matlab 6.1 under Fedora Core 2 ? And also there
> is problem to run Labview 6.1 using Fedora Core 2.
>
> Any suggestion?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mingzhai

I've tried Matlab 5.1 under FC2 to no avail, the installation script
fails.  I remember being able to run it, to some extent, under some
version of Redhat, possibly 7 or 8.  In general I've had little success
with Linux ports of closed-source compiled binaries like Matlab and Maple
(Maple runs in FC2, but only non-graphically).  My current thinking is to
regard them as things I still need Windows for.  You could look around for
open-source equivalents of them.