Traffic shaping... don't understand the instructions!

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Fri Jul 9 18:21:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 11:05, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> --On Friday, July 09, 2004 9:51 AM -0700 Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com>
> wrote:
>
> > And I doubt doing the iptables-save routine will actually save the tc
> > rules.
> >
> > I may  be wrong... but...
>
> You're correct. iptables-save only extracts the iptables rules.
Hey.. whadya know.. I'm correct.. :-) (no this is not sarcasm)

> I don't know what's needed to get the tc stuff, perhaps "tc show".
Nope.. That would only show you the status. like how many bytes has been
transferred, queues stuffs like that.

> You'd
> need to parse the output into something that can easily be restored,
> perhaps the same same script of tc commands you'd use at boot time.
That's exactly right. the tc script which I posted can actually be
executed at boot time and it's restored

> Might
> be a good thing to bugzilla as an enhancement request for the iproute
> package (which owns the tc command).
This I'm not so sure.

--
Ow Mun Heng
Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on D600 1.4Ghz CPU kernel