rpm stalls forever

Peter Teuben teuben at astro.umd.edu
Sat Jul 10 02:10:38 UTC 2004

i've had this before, i suspect some race condition, or in the past
you interrupted (^C) some rpm task and the database I/O didn't get
cleaned up.  Have a look in /var/lib/rpm if there are some big odd
files lying around with a one old timestamp.  __db.001 or so come
to mind.  Remove them manually and i bet your rpm updates will be
ok again.   I think i found this by searching on the redhat bugzilla
list.