rhn-applet.py

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 10 07:09:11 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 02:37:42PM -0400, Dwaine Castle wrote:

> I've noticed the following error...
> rhn_applet.py 362: DeprecationWarning integer argument expected got float
> Can I fix this error or is there another version that I should use?

Not a problem...

At this point this is an information message to the author of
rhn_applet.py that the python guys would like to disallow mixing
integer and float values for this function call.

And yes you are welcome to fix it ;-)

The source for rhn_applet.py is the file rhn_applet.py (not
rhn_applet.pyc).  You can look at the python code at and about line
362.  See what it is doing and find a way to not mix arg types this
way.  Hmmm, what is expecting int and is seeing float in the return
value.

Today it is harmless, not to worry.

I did some google and found this comment at
   http://www.scipy.org/mailinglists/mailman?fn=scipy-user/2003-September/002118.html

    I think the issue is that anything that loses precision automatically
    is being deprecated in Python, for example:
     >>> 1 / 2
    0
     >>> from __future__ import division
     >>> 1 / 2
    0.5

This almost makes sense... as he got up off the floor.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l