Invalid partition table

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sat Jul 10 13:42:50 UTC 2004

https://bugzilla.redhat.com - and only there

> I don't know how many people pre-partition like that, but i tend to
> think i'm not the only one. And yes, i will never forget the lesson
> learnt, but i wish i didn't spend that much time on learning it. :)

I think many pre-partition, especially those users with Windows[tm] in
parallel. And if you search this list you will find a lot of problem
reports by them, partitioned the disk with Windows[tm] or Partition
Magic, expecting Linux should have the same opinion about partition
table layout like the non *NIX world.

> <rsa/>

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3
Serendipity 15:39:37 up 2 days, 21:47, load average: 0.69, 0.57, 0.35