Fedcora 2 X86_64 mozilla problem

Phil Dybvig fedora at ducksoup.afree.net
Sun Jul 11 02:13:32 UTC 2004

>However, when
>I try to run firefox, it does nothing for me except produce this error:
>
>$ /usr/bin/firefox
>shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access
>parent directories: No such file or directory
This is very strange.  Are you running from a directory that has been deleted?
Try 'man getcwd' to learn more about getcwd; it is a function that returns the
current working directory.

>The /usr/bin/firefox script is set up for sh instead of bash...
>would that make a difference?
It shouldn't; this is normal, in fact /bin/sh is a link to /bin/bash

>Do I have the 64-bit sh installed which is
>causing the 32-bit firefox to die?
This is not an issue, since sh and firefox are not being linked together as
binaries.  In fact, the OS is designed to run both 32-bit and 64-bit binaries.

Just in case it is a working directory problem, I suggest trying

  cd ~
  firefox

to see if the problem is the same.

-- Phil