gnome-sound-recorder

Jack Bowling jbinpg at shaw.ca
Sun Jul 11 08:12:48 UTC 2004

On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 11:46:51PM -0700, Timothy Payne wrote:
> In a box:
>
> The Application "gnome-sound-recorder" has quit unexpectedly.
>
> You can inform the developers of what happened to help them fix it.  Or
> you can restart the application right now.
>
> I would tell someone, but who and what?
>
> This happens every time when I hit the record button.  I went to
> uninstall it but it's not on the list of programs.  I'm running FC2 and
> yum tells me it's up to date.
>
> Any ideas?

Sure, I have an idea. Forget about gnome-sound-recorder which is hopeless.
Go to Planet CCRMA at the following URL:

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/

Look in the "The Planet CCRMA package collection" section and between
Freebirth and Sweep you will see Audacity. Click on the Audacity link and
it will take you to the Audacity download section where you can click on
the right v1.2.1 rpm for your distro. Audacity is a fine program well worth your
time to explore.

--
Jack Bowling
mailto: jbinpg at shaw.ca