fc1 : Which mysql version?

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Mon Jul 12 01:37:59 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-11 at 08:25, Dave Pawson wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-07-11 at 13:40, Thomas Zehetbauer wrote:
> > Unfortunately RedHat has a problem with newer MySQL releases being
> > available under the GPL so Fedora may not include any more recent
> > version either. I suggest you download and use the RPMs from mysql.com
>
> My yum source retrieved 3.23.58 happily enough, using rh sources.
> Removal is a bit more of a problem though.
>
> # rpm -q mysql
> mysql-3.23.58-4
> # rpm -e mysql-3.23.58-4
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         libmysqlclient.so.10 is needed by (installed)
> perl-DBD-MySQL-2.9002-1
>
> I'm assuming I *should* remove them prior to installing 4?

yum remove mysql (also handles any dependencies that may be an issue.)

or rpm -e mysql  (not the full version number) (only removes the named
package and fails if there are dependencies)

The dependency you are failing on is likely one or more of the below
which mine has:
mysql-3.23.58-9
php-mysql-4.3.6-5
mod_auth_mysql-20030510-4.1