Update Problem (ppp-2.4.2-3.FC2.1)

Barry Yu barryyupuilee at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 12 01:53:06 UTC 2004

Patrick Boutilier wrote:

>夏斌 wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>I received this error message below when running yum(or rpm) to apply
>>the newest ppp-2.4.2-3.FC2.1 update:
>>
>>"pppd < 2.3.9 conflict with Initscripts-7.53-1"
>>
>>So
>>
>>What is this INITSCRIPTS
>>

>rpm --info -lq initscripts |more
>

> and if anyone knows how to resolve it?

This is a bug, had been asked at least more than 20 times in 2 days
since this ppp appeared in the up2date repository. I guess just have to
wait until it is fixed and put into the repository, if any other updates
avilalbe, you can use the method as below;
"Same answer I'm giving to everyone else: It's a know bug. Has been
fixed and a fix is in CVS. Meanwhile , use yum --exclude=initscripts
--exclude=ppp --exclude=pppd upgrade to update your system , while the
corrected package isnt available. -- Pedro Macedo"