Still can't get the Nvidia driver to work

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Mon Jul 12 06:24:35 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 08:21, Per-Olof Litby - Reg'l Mgr Nordic/Baltic -
Java System Software - Sun Microsystems wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I've tried everything. Tried the latest driver (with support for 4k
> stacks), tried it on a rebuilt 2.6.7 kernel with 8k stacks, but it still
> causes my system to hang when booting at the "Setting the host name"
> message.
>
> Are there any other known problems? I'm using a Soltek nforce2
> motherboard with a GeForce FX5200 AGP card.
Sure I had the same on various machines it is not always them fix sadly.
what I do is the following edit the xorg.conf file and in the driver
section add [ Option "NvAGP" "1"
make it use the drivers built in agp
or recompile the kernel and make /dev/agpgart support modular.

Chadley Wilson
Soon 2 B RHCE
Linux Rocks
Welcome to my world.