Error in yum update

Robert Locke rlocke at ralii.com
Mon Jul 12 13:04:59 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 08:51, Marcello B. wrote:
> Hi!
> I use FedoraCore2 and today when I executed the command "yum update"
> on my PC I got this error:

>    Resolving dependencies
>    .conflict between initscripts and pppd
>
> I've a local yum repository sincronized with an ufficial mirror.
>
> Any idea about this error?
>
> Thanks
> Marcello

Marcello,

We've been answering this one a lot these last few days.....  You might
want to learn about searching the archives.....

In any event, this error is informing you of a problem between the new
ppp package and the old initscripts package.  In other words, someone
goofed in packaging....

You best bet, is to just be patient.  There is a fix in the testing
repositories that should probably get to us mere mortals later this
week....

--Rob