switch from primary ide controller to secondary ide controller

bit_char_g at gmx.net bit_char_g at gmx.net
Mon Jul 12 15:29:35 UTC 2004

Hi,

due to a hardware failure of my primary ide controller, i had to plug my two
hds into the secondary ide controller. I managed to tell grub where to find
the kernel and the initrd image and edited /etc/fstab and /etc/mtab to match
the new environment (hda became hdc and hdb became hdd).
Now when it comes to re-mounting the root filesystem in read-write mode
during the boot process, it drops me to a console to fix the filesystem.

Unfortunately, I dont have any idea, which other setting (apart from fstab
and the grub.conf) has to be changed. A search through the archive did not
help.

Can anyone give me a hint ?
Thnx in advance.

Cheers, bit