redhat tutorial

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 12 20:17:04 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 12:23:20PM -0400, jludwig wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-07-11 at 18:32, Nifty Hat Mitch wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 01:01:47PM -0400, damon fister wrote:
> > >

> > Sort of like 'info'.
> >
> Please Please don't base it on emacs.

Info is not emacs.
Some of the key strokes for the interface are emacs flavored.
But your point is well taken.   Emacs and xemacs have  grown to the
point that it is too almost big.

A current markup language that can be viewed on multiple platforms
(like html) is the way to go.  It would be good to permit a windowZ
user to pop in a tutorial CDROM and do some homework and preperation.

Some interactive stuff could eventually be done in java or javascript.

I am a fan of the php documentation.  I very much like the facility
for annotations that reviewers have.  Most of the php questions I have
had have their answers in the annotations.  The "oh by the way" check
this when you use this function stuff has been very helpfull.

The other choice is to join or host a WIKI that facilitates this
project.

--
   T o m   M i t c h e l l
   /dev/dull where most of what I type originates.