LogWatch

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 12 23:29:07 UTC 2004

> On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 14:48, Michael Yep wrote:
> > There have been a few things in my LogWatch report that I do not
> > understand, and one that seems critical to me
> >
> > Given the following excerpt :

> > **Unmatched Entries**
> > open(/dev/pts/0): No such file or directory
> > open(/dev/pts/0): No such file or directory

I think this is related to a problem with "rhgb" but I have not got around
to checking this yet, there was something mentioned in bugzilla sometime
ago.

> > WARNING:  Kernel Errors Present
> >     vesafb: probe of vesafb0 failed with error -6...:  1 Time(s)

This was a bug due to changes in the 2.6.7 kernels and the frame buffer, it
is fixed in 2.6.8-rc1 Vanilla kernels..

> > Errors running install command:
> >     sound_slot_1  : 4 Time(s)

You can get rid of this by adding this to your modules.conf:

# to clear FATAL logs messages
alias sound_slot_1 off

Snipped .. I cannot answer Failed to bind: 0.0.0.0 port 22 (Address already
in use) : 1 Time(s)

> > **Unmatched Entries**
> >     STARTTLS=server: file /etc/mail/certs/cert.pem unsafe: No such file
> > or directory: 1 Time(s)

Alexanda <sp> posted an answer to this, you need to coment out the entries
in the sendmail.mc file that have  "CERT" and regenerate
the /etc/mail/sendmail.cf file by performing a make -C /etc/mail, if you
read the sendmail.cf file more info is there,

To be honest I think these Errors/warnings I have commented on are harmless
just a little annoying to see in the logs, my system is only used as a
Desktop machine but doing the above got rid of the one mentioned, RHGB yet
yo work on.

HTH

Colin
--
Fedora Core 2, Custom Built Kernel 2.6.8-rc1
KDE-Redhat-3.2.3