New vendor ID for updfstab.conf: Where to report it?

Ben Stringer ben at burbong.com
Tue Jul 13 02:48:41 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 12:39, Mariano Draghi wrote:

> Now, the question is:
> Should I report the 'new' vendor id? Where? To whom? My
> updfstab.conf.default had only 10 entries (now it has 11). I suspect there
> must be *many* more vendors out there...

As a general rule (and you may get a more specific answer), I'd suggest
using the "rpm -q -f /etc/updfstab.conf" command to find which package
the file belongs to (in this case kudzu) then "rpm -q -i kudzu" to find
out package maintainer and contact details.

In the case of kudzu, logging a request for improvement at
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla may be the best approach.

Cheers, Ben