kernel update/wireless install

Vlad I. vlad at afspeed.org
Tue Jul 13 04:09:24 UTC 2004

Hey, John --

Type  uname -r   it will tell you which kernel you are actually running, both the Linux version and the Redhat release.
i586 or i686 are kernel versions.  if you are running the i386 kernel, EVEN IF YOU HAVE AN i686 CPU, you must use the i386 RPMs.

source - http://prism2.unixguru.raleigh.nc.us/

cheers!

vlad