Spamassassin timing

Thomas Bitschnau typo3 at bitschnau.de
Tue Jul 13 06:30:04 UTC 2004

Hi!

On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 21:56, Dave Pawson wrote:
> older processor, I'm getting similar (long) times.
> Any info on 'DNS-Tests' please?

I think it's this:

"This works by analysing message text and HTML for URLs, extracting the
domain names from those, querying their NS records in DNS, resolving the
hostnames used therein, and querying various DNS blocklists for those IP
addresses. This is quite effective."

And "querying various DNS blocklists" costs a lot of time, i think.
Without it for me the spam-detection rate is slightly worse, but my
client sometimes got stuck, because they took to long. Now I have 3
spam-messages, out of 250 a day, coming through, which I can sort out by
hand.

Greetings,
--
Thomas B.
ICQ UIN#: 28869987

Hale Mail Rule, The: When you are ready to reply to a letter, you will
lack at least one of the following: (a) A pen or pencil or typewriter.
(b) Stationery. (c) Postage stamp. (d) The letter you are answering.