/etc/resolv.conf and sendmail

|TF20|Shockwave shockwave at clan-tf20.com
Tue Jul 13 13:59:26 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexander Dalloz" <alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 9:20 AM
Subject: Re: /etc/resolv.conf and sendmail

>To check what's going on the first look has to go into the
>/var/log/maillog. It may be helpful to increase the log level to a
>higher level by putting
>
>define(`confLOG_LEVEL', `15')dnl
>
>into the /etc/mail/sendmail.mc file. You will need to restart Sendmail
>to activate that setting.

Actually, I believe you need to run the sendmail.mc file through the m4
macro to make any changes to the sendmail.cf file:

m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/mail/sendmail.cf

Then you can restart the sendmail service to make the changes take effect.
Of course, I would back-up the existing sendmail.cf file before doing
anything.  ;)

Shockwave