Unable to install Fedora Core 2

Dana Chandler dchand3 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 16:00:28 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have just subscribed to this list.  I need help installing Core 2.
I am currently running RH 8.0 on  a Dell Dimension XPS T600 with 640MB
of RAM. When I run the installation program, I get the intial screen
and the linux prompt.  I call see all of the options, in other words I
can hit a function key and see the possible options.  No matter what
options I choose on install the same thing happens.

It looks like it is starting to load the installation but all I get is
a blinking cursor in the upper lefthand of the monitor.  I have tried
two separate sets of installation discs.

I can read the discs in RH 8.0 and even try to install packages, of
course I get errors because of the version of the kernel is incorrect.
 I have no idea where to go from here.  I am an extreme newbie.

What I have tried.

linux text
linux noprobe
linux text noprobe
linux acpi=off (one of my friends suggested this...)

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I am sorry if
this request is not well put together, I am still learning.

Thank you.

--
Dana C. Chandler III
Applications/Database Developer