IMAP and evolution

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Jul 13 21:26:49 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 13.07.2004 schrieb Michael Sullivan um 21:40:

> I use evolution as my email client.  I like the interface.  I recently
> enabled IMAP on my mail server.  I changed my mail account settings in
> evolution to IMAP so that I would be able to access all my mail wherever
> I was, either locally through evolution or remotely through
> squirrelmail.  I'm having two small problems with this.  Problem one is
> that when I send email while using evolution the sent mail  gets sent
> and then moved into evolution's local Sent folder; I want it to be moved
> into the IMAP Sent folder.  Secondly, when I click on the INBOX button

That is a setting within the account settings: Defaults -> Folder for
sent mails

> (immediately below the Send/Receive button) to change the folder
> currently being viewed not only do I see local and IMAP folders, but I
> also see all the files (including .* hidden files) in my personal
> account on my server PC and not just contents of the ~/mail directory.
> Is there a way that I can change my configuration of either IMAP or
> evolution so that mail I send gets put in the IMAP Sent folder and that
> I only see IMAP folders on my folders list?  Also, I was a little
> curious as to where the IMAP address book file(s) is because I looked at
> the /home/michael/ and /home/michael/mail directories and could find no
> address book files, yet my address book works in squirrelmail.  Is it a
> squirrelmail thing?

You did not say which IMAP server you use. In the Evolution account
settings you can set under receive options to get only subscribed
folders. From the main menu under tools you can then subscribe folders.

The address book is stored in an XML file by Evolution. The SquirrelMail
address book is stored only by SM. I am a Horde/IMP user but think under
SM it is the same and the address book is in a MySQL database.

> -Michael Sullivan-

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3.uml
Serendipity 23:20:37 up 21:02, 8 users, 0.71, 0.69, 0.63