any hints on status of FC3 t1?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Tue Jul 13 21:55:14 UTC 2004

Once upon a time, Rahul Sundaram <rahulsundaram at gmail.com> said:
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:54:06 -0500 (CDT), Benjamin J. Weiss
> <benjamin at weiss.name> wrote:
> > On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Mark Weaver wrote:
> > > This makes me wonder whats going to become of any package updates once
> > > FC3 hits official release. Will FC2, at that point, become totally
> > > unsupported?
> >
> > Yep!
>
> Wrong. it will not be immediate. There will be a gap of two to three
> months according to

The one example case we have is FC1.  FC2 was released around May 15,
and the latest update for FC1 was release today (July 13).  So, updates
have continued for at least 2 months.

Also, people are talking about the FC3 test1 release as if FC3 final
will be here tomorrow.  It is nothing new to have test releases for
version N+1 soon after version N final was released; the difference is
that previously (for Red Hat Linux), the initial test releases were done
in private.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>