Bittorrent, FAT32, and resuming

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 14 12:11:55 UTC 2004

I can't see this documented anywhere, so for the archives:

Bittorrent (at least version 3.4.1 from fedora.us) supports resumed
downloads. But it doesn't resume if you've downloaded to a FAT32
partition: you get "trouble accessing files - [Errno 17] File exists"
errors, and the client quits.

I can copy the files to an ext3 partition, and the resume works fine.
And if you don't need resuming, downloading to a FAT32 partition works,
too.

Hope this helps someone,

James.

--
E-mail address: james@ | So what would happen if an Enterprise security team,
westexe.demon.co.uk    | who always get killed soon after appearing, fought a