pxelinux dhcpd

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Wed Jul 14 15:23:06 UTC 2004

Greetings

I seem to be off track with the pxeboot configuration.

I thing the problem lies in my dhcpd.conf as the network cards are not
getting an ip address. I have to use dynamic dhcp because this setup is
for Linux install server. I have tested my nfs installations and they
are working perfectly. I have configured bonding with 4 intel lan cards
and thats working fine.
If I boot from cd the dhcp works and a random ip is assigned to the
workstation.
My tftp-server appears to be running, and my PXE-server is also running
or so I believe. service pxe start returns OK
the tftp is started by xinetd and there are no errors in mylogs.
I have tried this with several different netcards, intel pro and
realteks and of course the onboard ones.

I have thus come to the conclusion that I must have something wrong in
my dhcpd.conf file. I had read all the man pages but can't get it
working.
Could someone assist me please?

Chadley Wilson
Soon 2 B RHCE