kernel compile procedure

kate kate7234 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 22:56:33 UTC 2004

--- netmask <netmask at enZotech.net> wrote:

> glibc-headers-2.3.3-27.i386.rpm
>
> If you have the disk space, just for ease of
> compiling.. I would install
> glib*
>
> -netmask
>
> > kate (kate7234 at yahoo.com) composed today:
>
> > --- netmask <netmask at enZotech.net> wrote:
> >>

> >> rpm -qa|grep glibc-headers
> >>
> >> Do you have this installed? You'll need it!

Here's what I have so far, thanks.

[root at blue /]# rpm -qa | grep glib
glib2-2.4.0-1
glib2-devel-2.4.0-1
glibc-2.3.3-27
glib-1.2.10-12.1.1
glibc-common-2.3.3-27
dbus-glib-0.20-4.1
glib-devel-1.2.10-12.1.1

then I installed-
glibc-kernheaders-2.4-8.44.i386.rpm (required)
glibc-headers-2.3.3-27.i386.rpm
glibc-profile-2.3.3-27
glibc-utils-2.3.3-27

Try again-
[root at blue linux-2.6.7]# make menuconfig
  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep
/usr/bin/ld: crt1.o: No such file: No such file or
directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [scripts/basic/fixdep] Error 1
make: *** [scripts_basic] Error 2
[root at blue linux-2.6.7]#

Shorter error, so this is progress ! Should those glib
packages have been included by Package Management?

thanks. Perhaps I accidentally deleted something in
the last few days?