Still can't get the Nvidia driver to work

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Thu Jul 15 01:29:26 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 02:10, Nifty Hat Mitch wrote:
> CAUTION, BOGUS or incompete... advice.
>
> There are many many AMD processor based boxes running with the nVidia
> driver and nVidia GFX.  This machine for example....
>
>    Linux box1.com 2.6.6-1.435.2.3 #1 Thu Jul 1 08:25:29 EDT 2004 \
>    i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
>
> There may be specific AMD+motherboard+nVidia combinations that
> have trouble but these are rare and ill defined.

I'm sorry if what I said was potentially misleading, but what I *meant*
to say was what you wrote in your last sentence. Of course there are
many (probably most) AMD users with no problems with the nvidia binary
drivers. But there are *some*, mostly with older Athlons, who have had
so far irresolvable problems.

Sorry for being unclear.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren at dzr-web.com          www.dzr-web.com