booting problem cuz of iptables logging..

netmask netmask at enZotech.net
Thu Jul 15 05:58:30 UTC 2004

> The system did eventually pass through that point of printing out the
> firewall logs. It eventually brought up the system. After entering the
> username and password, its got stuck on the Fedora 2 logo screen for a
> while and then now it's stuck on a clean blue screen.

I can't help you there.. I boot into init 3, i've never used GUI on Fedora,
console only.

> You mentioned starting the machine in single user mode. How can I do in
> this situation?

When you boot..

Highlight the kernel you want to load

press 'e' for edit

select the line that starts with 'kernel' and hit 'e' to edit that line

Go to the end of the line and type single as a separate word (press the
[Spacebar] and then type single). Press [Enter] to exit edit mode.

Back at the GRUB screen, type b to boot into single user mode.

> every message and I don't have control over it, I think. Sorry to the
> list for this inconvenience.

I figured, no worries.