Help: Dual boot recovery from RHFC2 installation bug failure

Mikael Konttinen micken at home.se
Thu Jul 15 06:26:58 UTC 2004

All,

Since nobody has replied to my earlier post, please let me narrow the question down a bit:

After FC2 installation bug WinXP boot failure and recovery according to the SFDISK method, but stuck with a XP that boots half-way but fails at Mup.sys; Do you think it's safe to format the WinXP partition reinstall WinXP without risking to mess up the partition table and/or loose data on the data partitions?

Please reply, I'm not sure how the disk geometry is written on disk and what risks re-partitioning after the FC2 installation bug there might be.

Thanks in advance

Mkn.