yum flavors vs/ fc1, fc2, fc3...infinity

John McBride jmcbride at ccis.com
Thu Jul 15 08:36:01 UTC 2004

Jeff Ratliff wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 07:38:45PM -0700, John McBride wrote:

> If you want a distro that does things like Debian does, why not
> use... Debian!!

"Don't like it, use something else". Gee, thanks...that's really
insightful and useful.

I might be forced to do that, but I've liked/used RedHat for a long
time, and honestly prefer it over all other distros. I've seen debian
updates break too much to ever consider using it on a production
machine. Same for Mandrake, Slack, and pretty much anything else.

Just thought I'd post my opinion. Maybe if more people using Fedora
wanted something different, someone at RedHat might actually listen. Or,
like you, suggest we go elsewhere. That's a popular response in the
Linux community..."STFU and go elsewhere, don't complain it's free".

Whatever you think of my OP, I think I have a valid point...the gap
between fedora and enterprise is too wide.