Ipsec Question

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Thu Jul 15 10:17:03 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 12:07 +0200, Harald Hoyer wrote:
> Yuval Lifshitz wrote:
> > As far as I know, Linux kernel 2.6 and up has ipsec in it. Does anyone knows
> > if Fedora2 has it?
>
> yes
>
> > And which configuration tools (if any) are included?
>
> system-config-network
This is not at all helpful.

system-config-network comes with a CIPE configuration front end, but
this is depreciated, and future versions of system-config-network will
not have the CIPE entry if CIPE is not installed.

I am not aware of a Fedora IPSEC front end at the moment, but there are
numerous howto's out on the Internet which make it fairly straight
forward to set up an initial VPN.

Doug