Sendmail [was OpenSSL]

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Jul 15 23:57:23 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 16.07.2004 schrieb Mike Hogsett um 0:36:

> Sorry to speak up well into this thread, but I found the following useful :

You don't have to excuse!

> http://www.linuxmanagers.org/pipermail/linuxmanagers/2003-April/001100.html

Yes, this link describes the certificate steps very clean and makes it
obvious which file contains what. I have a different very clear
documentation here, unfortunately I printed it out a long time ago and
it is no longer available online.

> http://www.puresimplicity.net/~hemi/freebsd/sendmail.html
>
> I imported the cacert.pem into Mozilla Thunderbird and
> it is happy.

Yes, some clients else complain at each connection. So does for example
Outlook and OE. Evolution does not need it for SMTP AUTH, but at first
connection to an IMAPs or POP3s server it informs you about an unknown
certificate and offers you to store it.

>   - Mike

Thanks

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3.uml
Serendipity 01:53:13 up 2 days, 23:35, load average: 0.39, 0.36, 0.31