Core 2 on Dell Lattitude

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sat Jul 17 22:41:58 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-17 at 18:21, Charles Heselton wrote:
> Could be.  The partitions are set up as 1 default 9GB partition (for
> Windows) and 1 8GB ext2 partition (1GB swap).  When I installed,
> Windows was already there and I just installed to the blank partition.
>  Setup the slices with DiskDruid in the install procedure.
>
> Guess I'll try a re-install and see if it makes any difference.

Should you not also have a /boot partition?  Like I said I have not used
or setup a dual boot system but I would expect you would have the
following:

Windows partition
/boot partition
/   root partition (I am surprised you are using ext2 but not an issue)
and swap partition.

If I remember correctly I think you can have 4 primary partitions with
no problems.  So that should be fine.  You won't need to setup an
extended partition table.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Hitchcock's Staple Principle:
	The stapler runs out of staples only while you are trying to
	staple something.