tc filter problem

Cowles, Steve steve at stevecowles.com
Sun Jul 18 18:18:55 UTC 2004

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> I have also tried using iproute-2.6.8's tc to see if there was some
> new syntax introduced since 2.4.7 (which seems to be about 2 years
> old). That didn't help either.

Bruno,

It's been awhile sine I have messed with implementing tc, but I seem to
remember problems with earlier kernels/tc releases. If possible, I would try
to upgrade to the latest versions of the kernel, iproute2 and tc. The tc
syntax your using seems correct. In fact, I have an identical line in my tc
script which is based on wondershaper.

BTW: I good shell debugging tool that I use... change the bash (or sh)
invocation on the first line of your script to include -x. i.e.

#/bin/bash -x
Shell executable lines

Steve Cowles