serving pop3

Charles Heselton charles.heselton at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 18:37:39 UTC 2004

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 10:31:51 -0700, Kenneth Porter
<shiva at sewingwitch.com> wrote:
> --On Sunday, July 18, 2004 1:14 PM -0400 Chris Ruprecht
> <chrisr at ruprecht.org> wrote:
>
> > You also need to set up startup procedures, so dovecot starts up when
> > the machine boots. (/etc/rc.d/rc5.d graphics mode, /etc/rc.d/rc3.d text
> > mode).
>
> Which is done using the ntsysv or chkconfig programs. This is normally done
> for you when you install the RPM, but some packages don't enable the
> service to start on boot, so you use these programs to enable them. They're
> the equivalent of the Windows Services applet.
>

> --

This is sort of a tangential interjection, so if I need to start a new
thread, I will.

Anyhow, can Dovecot be used as a mail filter/proxy?  Basically what I
would be interested in doing is have dovecot download my email from my
ISP accounts.  Then I would set my client to point to my internal
server.  Is this possible?  Worthwhile?

--
Charlie Heselton
Network Security Engineer