Gaim Upload

HaJo Schatz hajo at hajo.net
Mon Jul 19 12:40:46 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 02:24, Andrés González Cantú wrote:

> I have a little LAN at home and my other two
> workstations were turned off, so my bandwidth was not penalized, and my
> download speed never raised 6.3 kbps. I really don't think this is
> normal. Even more, every time this friend send me some file via MSN
> Messenger-Gaim (MSN plugin) the same speeds are reached.
>
> Before someone points it out, I must say that my friend's internet connection is also 1024
> kbps.
>
> Any clue?
So you're on a private IP. Is your friend on a private one as well? That
means you probably wouldn't have a direct conection between the both of
you but go through a server instead (Experts: Is that possible? Does the
MSN protocol allow for file transfers through the MSN server or must it
always be direct?).
Maybe the server you're going through imposes bandwith limitations? If
possible, try a direct connection between 2 real IPs, Ie no NAT, proxy,
... in-between.

--
HaJo Schatz <hajo at hajo.net>
http://www.HaJo.Net