Problem with PASV

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Jul 19 18:18:48 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 19.07.2004 schrieb J.L. Coenders um 19:26:

> Ok, I read it... but what to open in iptables and vsftpd now?
> I can not open all ports above 1024 to allow passive mode.
> - Jeroen

If you did read carefully the site given, then you know which ports have
to be open. If you won't open ports >1024 to remote > 1024 ports on the
server side, you will have to check whether vsftpd allows you to specify
the passive mode port range. I know proftpd is able to follow such an
instruction. Maybe you will have to change the ftpd then.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) Athlon CPU kernel
2.6.6-1.435.2.3.ad.umlsmp
Serendipity 20:15:18 up 7 min, 8 average: 0.29, 0.35, 0.19