Core 3 Release 1 - SELinux is activated by default

Jeff Ratliff jefrat at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 19 21:46:21 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 08:52:07AM -0700, Scott Talbot wrote:
> > The point is that people are going to have to deal with the change, and
> > once they go through it, they'll realize its full value. I think becoming
> > aware of the benefits of SELinux is the best way to find enthusiasm for
> > the change.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > -- Elliot
> > The daring is in the doing
> >
> 	Actually, if you pay close attention during the install, there is a
> button to select whether SELinux is enabled or not.  Though I agree that
> it would be better to dive into SELinux, I'm going to save that for a
> retirement project!

I'm running it on a test box, and so far I don't really notice the
difference. I need to learn how it works and experiment with security
policy, but out of the box I don't think most people will notice.
There's also an option where you can have SELinux implemented, but
rather than taking action, it just warns you of what it would do
if fully activated. Definitely a good way to learn.