Cannot get stable connection : Cisco VPN client 4.0.4B with FC2 kernel-2.6.6-1.435.x

Daniel Ulfe danielulfe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 01:26:08 UTC 2004

4.0.4B is the latest version of Cisco VPN client. I'm using similar
configuration with a Realtek adapter in one PC and with 3Com in a
Laptop and I don't have this kind of problems. Only problem I detect's
is DNS protocol against a DNS server inside my private network does't
work (form ejample "dig @ 10.10.10.10" or "nslookup - 10.10.10.10",
but ping against this address works fine), but ping and other
protocols like rdesktop and vncviewer works properly if I use ip
address instead internal name. Same configuration of Split DNS agaist
same PIX firewall works fine with latest Windows client.

Regards,

Daniel Ulfe

Leon - Spain