Help regarding installation of Fedora Core 2

Neshat Afroz afroz at cse.uta.edu
Tue Jul 20 07:36:25 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I am new to Linux and so I needed some help about installing it. I have two hard disks i.e. one master and one slave.  Now I want to install Fedora Core 2 on the slave hard disk.. and I want it to be such that even if something goes wrong my data on the master hard disk containing the windows OS should not get affected. So please guide me as to how should I proceed.
Besides that I don't want to install GRUB or LILO to the MBR... instead I want to write the GRUB boot record to the first sector of the linux boot partition. So after doing this is there a way that I can modify windows boot.ini to get a bootup option between LINUX and Windows at startup so that I can choose between the two.

Thanks
Neshat Afroz