Fedora Core 2 and Windows xp

Sylvain Raybaud sraybaud at free.fr
Tue Jul 20 09:19:21 UTC 2004

I also have GRUB has a bootloader for FC2 and Xp, and both work fine, but I couldn't get Xp work if I installed FC2 with my Xp disk plugged in.  The easiest (because only) way I found to have multiboot working is to install the OS on 2 separate disks, then to plug in both of them, with Linux master and to configure GRUB manually (with mapping and chainloading).
I also was said that you can first install Xp on a master disk, then install FC2 on the slave and let anaconda configure grub for you, and it seems to work fine, but I never did it myself.  And I definitly don't like the idea to have Linux on slave while Xp is on master ;)