Graphical boot gone awry

Sylvain Raybaud sraybaud at free.fr
Tue Jul 20 12:25:12 UTC 2004

I have got an GForce 200 MMX video card and the nvidia-6106 driver, and rhgb works fine, with or without OnBoard Legacy Audio enabled in bios.  The only problem is that it will open the window displaying messages whatever I do.

it is rather basic, but did you check in your inittab file that init mode is set to 5 ?
you should also check in your init/rc.n directory (or something like that) to check the programs launched at boot time (in these directories are symlink to the programs, just create/destroy symlink observing syntax to have them launched or not) .