Installation of a wireless network

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Jul 20 13:53:15 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 20.07.2004 schrieb JM D um 15:33:

> Two months ago, i installed Fedora Core 2 on my computer. And 15 days ago, i
> installed a wireless network card on my computer ; this card is the WMP54G
> of Linksys. The problem is that this card is not compatible with Fedora. How
> can I do for use my wireless card with Fedora.

It is no Fedora specific problem with this wireless card and chipset but
with all Linux systems. That is because Linksys and the chip
manufacturer do not offer Linux drivers. You will have to use the
ndiswrapper. If I remember correctly it was explained just yesterday
here on the list.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3.ad.umlsmp
Serendipity 15:51:33 up 19:43, 8 users, 0.12, 0.14, 0.05