Email Signatures

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Jul 20 14:27:05 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 20.07.2004 schrieb ne... um 16:14:

> >I've just got a bounce with the following subject.
> >
> >                           Subject:
> >Symantec Mail Security detected that
> >you sent a message containing a
> >suspicious attachment.
> >(SYM:02629890341371604646)
> I suspect that this is a virus that was sent from someone
> who had your e-mail address in their addressbook. That's
> the in thing these for viruses and worms...
>
> N.Emile...

That is quite right. I too get such bounces from time to time. I
remember this crap Symantec Mail Security shit - silently hope it could
be configured to not bounce to innocent victims of sender faking worms.
There are still a lot of systems around in the world where the
responsible administrators left to see that nowadays bouncing incoming
mail they discover as having virus/worm freight shouldn't be bounced.
Reject the mail with a valid DSN during DATA phase but not later after
acceptance and then bouncing to who seems to be the sender.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3.ad.umlsmp
Serendipity 16:22:39 up 20:14, 8 users, 0.26, 0.23, 0.19