e1000 module configuration

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Jul 20 20:53:34 UTC 2004

Yang Xiao wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 20:39:24 +0200, Alexander Dalloz
> <alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:
>
>>Am Di, den 20.07.2004 schrieb Yang Xiao um 20:18:
>>

>>>I want to force my intel e1000 to run at 100/full, and I think it can
>>>be done with a module configuration in the modules.conf file, but how
>>>do I find out what it is?
>>
>>>Yang
>>
>>options e1000 Duplex=2 Speed=100
>>
>>(see: modinfo e1000)
>>
>>Are you sure you have to force the settings? Normally autonegotiation
>>should work proper.
>>
>>Alexander
>>

> well they don't, and, the card I need to adjust is actually a e100 and
> doesn't support the options. Where else can I force it to run at
> 100/full if the module doesn't have option? maybe I can put the
> ethtool commands in the rc script, but it's not pretty.

	options e100 e100_speed_duplex=4

Values are:

	0 = autonegotiate
	1 = 10Mb/half
	2 = 10Mb/full
	3 = 100Mb/half
	4 = 100Mb/full

See "modinfo e100", "/usr/share/doc/kernel*/networking/e100.txt"
(assuming you have the kernel-docs RPM installed) or
"/usr/src/linux-2.4/Documentation/networking/e100.txt" (if you have the
kernel source RPM installed).
-         Okay, who put a "stop payment" on my reality check?        -