Ethernet card does not work with FC2

Alberto M R Davila amrdavila at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 00:56:30 UTC 2004

I just installed FC2 in my toshiba satellite 4600 laptop (pentium 3) and
the ethernet card is not working even the "redhat-config-network" shows
eth0 is "Active"...  I tried a new installation (formatting partitions)
but it does not work as well... curiously during boot the eth0 is loaded
"OK". I tried the "linux rescue" boot with the disk 1 of FC2 and
nothing... but when I try the "linux rescue" of FC1 the eth0 works...
"ping" from and to the laptop does not work. My "firewall" is enabled to
allow only SSH connections... btw, my sound card was not recognized after
installation as well, the test failed... any tips how I could conifgure
the eth0 manually ? Everything used to work fine when I was using FC1 in
the same laptop ;-)

Thanks for any tips you may send.

Cheers, Alberto