Laptop Touchpad issue

Santavy Peter peter at santavy.sk
Wed Jul 21 08:01:32 UTC 2004

> How do i make my Laptop's touchpad work under "Fedora Core 2", I have a
> Compaq Presario 1277. It used to work under "Red Hat 9.0"

Try to use the synaptics package (Synaptics TouchPad driver for XFree86;
I have been using synaptics-0.13.3) and modify /etc/X11/xorg.conf, for
example:

---Probably to change:
Section "ServerLayout"
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

---To add:
Section "Module"
        Load  "synaptics"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
  Driver        "synaptics"
  Identifier    "Mouse0"
  Option        "Device"        "/dev/psaux"
  Option        "Protocol"      "auto-dev"
  Option        "LeftEdge"      "1700"
  Option        "RightEdge"     "5300"
  Option        "TopEdge"       "1700"
  Option        "BottomEdge"    "4200"
  Option        "FingerLow"     "25"
  Option        "FingerHigh"    "30"
#  to turn off the tap mode MaxTapTime=0
  Option        "MaxTapTime"    "180"
  Option        "MaxTapMove"    "220"
  Option        "VertScrollDelta" "100"
  Option        "MinSpeed"      "0.06"
  Option        "MaxSpeed"      "0.12"
  Option        "AccelFactor" "0.0010"
  Option        "SHMConfig"     "on"
#  Option       "Repeater"      "/dev/ps2mouse"
EndSection

Bye.

Peter

--
 Peter Santavy
 peter at santavy.sk
 http://santavy.info

I have been using legal software -> I have been using free software
Open source - for free and legally