Email getting and sending

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jul 21 20:39:55 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 16:37, Juan L. Pastor wrote:
> Hi Scot,

> I have setup fetchmail and I will try to configure now spamassassin to
> work with it.

Depending on the email client you are using the easiest way to configure
spamassassin is to setup a filter in your client to call spamassassin on
each message as it is pulled by your client.

I would suggest you configure a several filters that move mailing list
traffic to respective folders and then call spamassassin on the
remaining messages being delivered.  This reduces the amount of over
head spamassassin uses.  Just remember to put a stop processing command
in the filters for the mailing lists.

> Can I use sendmail just for sending email outbounds with dynamic IP
> address?

You will be better off sending email through your ISPs servers.  Unless
you have a domain and can setup MX records etc. many email servers out
there will not accept email from a server they can not do a reverse
lookup on to verify the domain.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

O, it is excellent
To have a giant's strength; but it is tyrannous
To use it like a giant.
		-- Shakespeare, "Measure for Measure", II, 2