Email getting and sending

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jul 21 23:36:18 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 18:30, Juan L. Pastor wrote:
> Hi Scot,
>
> On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 22:39, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> > Depending on the email client you are using the easiest way to configure
> > spamassassin is to setup a filter in your client to call spamassassin on
> > each message as it is pulled by your client.
> >
> > I would suggest you configure a several filters that move mailing list
> > traffic to respective folders and then call spamassassin on the
> > remaining messages being delivered.  This reduces the amount of over
> > head spamassassin uses.  Just remember to put a stop processing command
> > in the filters for the mailing lists.
>
> I've finally uninstalled fetchmail and used evolution with its filters.
> I didn't know a script can be called from a filter. It seems to work!
>
> Juan

Great!  If you are using spamassassin you will want to enable bayesian
database and start teaching it what you consider spam and ham by using
sa-learn.  You will need to feed it over 200 spam and ham before bayes
will be used.

Some of the SARE rules are very good also.  You can find them at
http://www.rulesemporium.com.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

When you die, you lose a very important part of your life.
		-- Brooke Shields